Unique opportunity to own a mostly-cash women's health acupuncture practice.
Step into this rare, once-in-a-lifetime, turn-key opportunity to run the practice of your dreams. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in a couple of short months!
Unique opportunity to own mostly cash, low-maintenance, high-net acupuncture practice specializing in women’s health and pain management in the heart of hip Portland, Oregon.
Acuwellness, LLC, currently the practice of Jelena Stefanovic, is located in the popular Sylvan-Highlands neighborhood southwest of downtown Portland. With an open-minded, health-conscious population and years of consistent return business, the opportunity for an abundant practice is available from day one.
Imagine earning over $30,000 per year working no more than 4 hours per day, 3 days per week, with plenty of time off and up to six weeks of vacation. No additional marketing necessary—the reputation of this practice keeps a steady flow of new patients streaming in.
Low overhead, years of records, and consistent patient flow mean you’ll continue to keep your costs predictably low. Add more hours, do some marketing, or sell products, and you have the chance to add even more success to an already prosperous practice.
Whether you are a practitioner who is just starting out, or an established clinician with some years under your belt, Acuwellness offers you the chance to hit the ground running.
Step into this rare, once-in-a-lifetime, turn-key opportunity to run the practice of your dreams in one of the most beautiful, vibrant, and sought-after areas in the country. Call or email us today, come by and spend some time with us, and be thriving in a month or two.
Learn much more below.
- The Setting
- Patient Demographics
- Modalities Utilized
- Opportunities for Growth
- Video & Photos
- The city of Portland has close to 650,000 residents, with about 2.5 million people residing within the greater Portland Metropolitan Area.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Portland within its top-10 “Best Places to Live” in the United States owing to its exceptional public schools, safety, local entertainment, employment opportunities, and incredible natural beauty.
- It is also a top culinary destination, ranked as one of the country’s top 10 “foodie cities,” with amazing food carts, creative cuisine, and a thriving craft beer and wine community.
- Portland has the country’s largest city park, and the surrounding rivers and mountains offer walking, hiking, biking trails, greenways, camping, fishing, lakes, and waterfalls.
- Acuwellness is located in one of the most attractive parts of Portland in an upscale neighborhood called “Sylvan-Highlands.”
- Sylvan-Highlands has abundant public transportation and easy direct access to the heart of the city, yet it is known for its tranquility, with hundreds of acres of parkland and miles of walking trails.
- The office is located in a popular business park with shopping, restaurants, and gas stations nearby, and direct access to downtown Portland.
- It has a reception area, three treatment rooms, and a bathroom down the hall. One of the treatment rooms is consistently rented to a Naturopath, and there is abundant free off-street parking.
- Acuwellness specializes in women’s health as well as chronic and acute pain.
- While the patient population is quite varied, the practice tends to see mostly women between the ages of 30 and 45.
- The majority of patients come for infertility issues and are in the process of trying to conceive.
- The clinic has been averaging about 500 patient visits per year (or 50 per month, given the amount of vacation time taken by the owner).
- Most patients come from communities within 15 miles of the office.
- Given the specialized history of the practice, many patients are referred by word-of-mouth, OB/Gyns and allied practitioners.
- Others come through the clinic’s exceptional online reputation and web presence.
- About 30% of patient visits are covered by insurance, with the rest paying in full at the time of service. This is a mostly cash practice!
- The clinic has been quite uncomplicated in the methods used to treat patients, primarily employing Zang-Fu and channel theory diagnosis and treatment methodologies.
- Many patients get cupping and most receive herbs or supplements from online dispensaries.
- Dr. Stefanovic has special training in fertility and women’s health and would be happy to share her knowledge of these subjects with the right buyer.
The following income and expense summaries are derived from an average of income and expenses from YE2015-2018. Note that Dr. Stefanovic works out of two rooms, a maximum of four hours, three days per week, and takes up to six weeks off per year.
- Average gross yearly revenue (4 years): $30,500+ ($2,546/mo)
- Average adjusted* expenses: $12,417 yearly (~$1,035/mo)
*Adjusted expenses are the net expenses that a new owner would have to take on in order to run the business at the same level of revenue as the current owner. Thus, elective variable expenses such as continuing education, transportation, licenses and fees, etc. are removed from gross expenses to calculate adjusted expenses. Take-home pay for the owner is included in adjusted expenses at the same level the current owner is paid.
- Average $18,132/year (~$1,511/month) – 60% of revenue is profit after expenses.
- $19,995 OBO. The price is based on a conservative professional valuation of $25,000, with an average yearly gross of over $30,500 for the past several years.
- The owner’s motivation to sell in a timely fashion has allowed her to generously factor in a 20% discount off of the valued price for potential attrition and start-up costs on change of ownership. She expects the right person will retain her patients and transition smoothly, making this a great opportunity for the buyer.
- The purchase will be structured as an asset purchase agreement, and may be drawn up between buyer and seller (preferred) or by attorneys, at the discretion and by agreement of both parties.
- Approval of the buyer is subject to a credit check, and loans from medical practice brokers, banks, or the Small Business Administration (SBA) may be available to finance the transaction depending on the buyer’s creditworthiness.
- The seller may also be willing to hold the loan for the right buyer.
- Upon purchase, the new owner will receive all patient records and clinic equipment, in addition to all clinic-related intellectual property, including the clinic phone number, website, claimed Yelp page, Office Ally and Charm EHR and billing system, Schedulicity scheduling software, and clinic-related financials.
- The leaseholder is willing to transfer the sublease and the current owner will facilitate the interaction with the leaseholder in order to secure favorable lease terms.
- The current owner’s goal is to surrender the practice by August 2019. She would be willing to stay on for a limited time to train a new owner in her techniques and to assist in the transition, if so desired by the new owner, at no additional cost.
While the current practice nets a healthy return, a motivated buyer could significantly increase their income upon acquisition through a number of simple changes.
- Work more hours. Given that the current owner only works up to four hours per day, three days per week, and takes up to six weeks off per year, working more hours would obviously increase revenue.
- Add additional practitioners. In addition to or in lieu of working more hours, the practice could easily support at least one more provider during the times when the office is unoccupied.
- Do additional marketing. The practice does very little marketing outside of its web presence. There is a database and files full of patient information that could be used for marketing directly to current and former patients, but the clinic has been busy enough that these resources have not been leveraged. Doing any kind of additional marketing would create more opportunities for an increase in new patients and a return of pre-existing patients.
- Improve online presence. The current owner has been successful without putting too much effort into creating an ongoing online presence. Blogging, improving the website, paid online marketing, improving related social media, and doing some email marketing all hold great potential to improve awareness of the clinic in order to generate more revenue.
- Sell products in-house. All herbs and supplements are sold at cost through online distributors who drop-ship directly to patients. Bringing this in-house and/or adding the option of additional products offers another opportunity for increased revenue.
A few pictures of the office
Take advantage of this exceptional opportunity to take over an amazing mostly-cash practice in Portland, Oregon. Fill out the contact form below, call (503) 473-6171, or click here to email us today.
Copyright 2020 - Acuwellness, LLC